Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Birthdays, Babys, and Vacations

Another birthday has passed and I have turned 29 again. I will not tell you how old I am. Some of you already know because you knew me before I decided that I would stay 29 forever. It was a good birthday overall. My actual birthday fell on a Monday, so we celebrated the weekend before. It was a good weekend overall. Tim and I both had Friday off so we spent the day together. We had lunch and then went shopping (one of my favorite activities). I shopped for some shoes which I usually have to do by myself, but one weekend a year Tim will go with me for my birthday. And then we went grocery shopping. We had to go to two stores to get groceries because one store never has all the things that I need due to the fact that I buy a lot of organic stuff because I am trying to eat whole unprocessed foods. Tim complained about going to Walmart, but he went because it was my birthday weekend. While we were in Walmart shopping, Tim kept grabbing unhealthy food and putting it in the cart (like a 2 year old). This reminded me of why I do the shopping by myself. This is one of the things that I love about him. He has such a childish goofiness about him.

On Saturday, we went down to the southside and Tim's aunt completed our taxes. We got a small refund which was good because we thought we were going to have to pay. Later on we went out to dinner with my family and Tim's family. It was nice and uneventful which is a good thing. After that we went to Tim's cousin Mark's house to hang out. We saw Mark, Suna, and little Hannah. Hannah is talking up a storm and laughing like crazy. She gets cuter and cuter ever time we see her. I will have to post pics later.

On the baby front, We went to see my gynecologist and she referred us to a fertility doctor because it has been over a year. We had our appointment this morning with the fertility doctor. It was good, but very overwhelming. There was a lot of paperwork to fill out and lots of information given to us. My head was spinning when we left. We have to do a few tests and then we will know more information about what is wrong. The tests that I have to do are time sensitive so I have to wait until I am at a certain point in my cycle before I can do them. So, it will be a few weeks or so before we know anything for sure. I am trying to stay positive and have faith in god. Every child is a precious gift and I know that god will bless me with a beautiful healthy baby. I feel it in my heart.

We did finally book a vacation for the first two weeks in May. It took me awhile to battle with myself in my head about when to take off from work and I finally came to the conclusion that there is no good time to take off. Eventually, I just decided that I have to do it because I need some time away. We are going to California the first week of May and will spend some time in San Diego and LA visiting family and friends and of course enjoying the sand and sun. Then the second week we are driving up the coast to Seattle and stopping along the way to see some sights. We have some family up there in Seattle that we will be visiting as well. Driving up the coast is something Tim has wanted to do for many years and we have talked about it since Tim's brother and my aunt, uncle, and cousins moved out there, but it has just never happened. So, now we are going to do it. It is exciting. I cannot wait!!! I desperately need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment