Monday, March 8, 2010

Sugar Addict

I have recently discovered that I am absolutely positively addicted to sugar and it is the reason for me being overweight. Don't get me wrong, I knew that I liked to eat pasta and potatoes and all things starchy. And I like to eat my chocolate. But I never really realized how much it affected me. I am a pretty busy person and I don't have a lot of time to cook, so typically I would eat frozen meals and convenience food and eating out was always a big thing. And I would think I was choosing something healthy to eat like a granola bar or a yogurt. Little did I know that all of these processed foods are loaded with sugar. Some of the yogurts have like 33 grams of sugar and you are only supposed to have 16 grams in one whole day. Crazy right. Not to mention all the low fat stuff like salad dressing is loaded with sugar. And if it is sugar free, then there is usually stuff in there that is horrible for you like sacharin or high fructose corn syrup. These all raise your blood sugar too.

Anyways, I have read tons of new research, along with Dr. Oz's book and Jorge Cruise's first book and the research shows that elevated blood sugar causes excess belly fat. When I read all this stuff it was like a light went on. I was able to see the reason why none of the other diets worked or why cutting calories would make me lose a few pounds, but not really lose inches in my waist. I also feel so much better now because I am eating healthy foods that are fresh and give me the nutrition that I need. I have only been following this for a week, but it is already working. If you have been struggling with your weight and you are reading this, please check out Jorge Cruise's book The Belly Fat Cure. It may be the answer you have been looking for all these years. I know I sound like an advertisement, but do whatever you want with this information. I am just telling you my story. I will keep you updated as I go along in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment