Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend, Fertility Testing, and Upcoming Vacation

I had a pretty good weekend. I got to spend time with some great girlfriends on Friday. It was bittersweet because we were saying goodbye to one of my very good friend's, Emily who is moving down south to be near her family. We are all going to miss her very much. I have worked with her for the last three and a half years and she sat behind me in our office. I will miss her random silly comments, her incredible spirit/energy, and her smiling face. So, it was great to see everyone outside of work, but it was not great to say goodbye to Emily. Love you always Em!!!! You better stay in touch and come back to visit or you will have me to answer to.

The rest of my weekend was relaxing, cleaning, planning our upcoming trip, and worrying a bit about this fertility testing that I have to do this week. First I have to go get some blood work done which does not worry me at all which may surprise some of you. I used to hate needles and would avoid getting my blood drawn at all costs for most of my life because a very horrific experience I had as a child. Within the last few years, I have learned to deal with better. I don't like it, but I have learned to relax and warn the technicians about the fact that no one can easily locate my veins. This seems to help the person not stick me several times trying to locate a vein. They are much more careful about it when I warn them. However, I also have to go get an internal exam which I am not looking forward to at all. I have not learned to relax during these exams. Lord knows that I have tried all of the techniques that I give my clients to relax, but it does not help. It is still very painful and sometimes unbearable. This particular procedure is supposed to go on for 20 - 30 minutes. So, I am not looking forward to this, but I have to do it. I want a child and we are not pregnant after 14 months of trying, so we have to figure out what is wrong. Even though I know I have to do it, this will not stop me from worrying about it all week long until it is over.

On a more happy note, I have realized this weekend that vacation is less than two weeks away. So, I am really looking forward to getting away, enjoying the sunshine of the California coast, seeing some family and friends, driving the coast, and relaxing for awhile. Oh and hopefully getting a tan. I have to get on the ball though and start preparing. I need to go shopping and buy some summer clothes. And finalize all the details of who is taking care of the furry children and the house and stuff like that. I know it will get done, but I need to start working on it now rather than next weekend. It would be nice if my hubby helped out with some of these responsibilities too. It is always nice to have someone carry the burden with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment