Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

Tim and I had a good Christmas together. It started on Wednesday which was Christmas EVE EVE. I made lots of christmas cookies and listened to christmas music. Tim watched me make the cookies and ate some. Simba ate some crumbs that were dropped on the floor. In the middle of baking my special double chocolate chip cookies, my mixer broke, so I had to go out and by a new one. It was snowing and raining and really icy out, but I made it back in one peice and finished the cookies.






On Christms Eve, I made a few more batches of cookies and wrapped all the presents. Then we all got ready to head down to the southside to see my family. We dropped Simba off at my mom's house and we headed over to my cousins' house to see my dad and his side of the family. It was good to see everyone. I only took a few pictures there.




After the party, I went to my mom's and spent the night there. I did not want to deal with driving back in the morning. The weather wasn't that great and why drive an hour back home just to turn around and come back in the morning. However, my husband decided that he wanted to go home and sleep there. So, he drove home and slept there and then turned around and drove back to the same place twelve hours later. I tried to convince him to stay, but he is very stubborn. And when he has his mind set on doing something, there is no talking him out of it. I guess that is why we argue because we are both stubborn and want to have it our way.

Anyways, I stayed up late with my mom and Simba watching TV. We were still awake when my brother came home from work (he works in a bar and he closed up) so it was like 2:30am when he came home. He and his girlfriend exchanged gifts. My little brother is growing up. This is the first girlfriend who he has introduced to the family and the longest relationship he has ever had. And he bought her some really nice christmas gifts. He gave her a Coach purse, coach change purse, and a movado watch. This is a big thing for him because he usually doesn't get anyone any gifts because he never saves his money to buy any gifts. What can I say, Candace is a good influence on him.

Christmas Day we all slept in late. My mom cooked a lovely dinner. She made Turkey breast, roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, stuffing, salad, rolls, and christmas cookies for dessert. I was quite lazy all day and just laid around on the couch watching TV. Me, Tim, my mom, my brother, and Simba had dinner and then opened christmas presents. Simba got to eat his very own plate of christmas dinner. The most excited one of all to open presents was Simba. He has gotten christmas presents every year since he was a puppy. I wrap them all up in wrapping paper and he opens them all by himself. He loves it and is so happy. We usually by him "babies" which are just stuffed animals. And he gets some pig ears which are his favorite. Simba usually only gets his babies once a year because he carries them around for awhile, but eventually they are all ripped up and the stuffing is all over the living room. At Christmas time, he has so many he usually doesn't know which one to play with. However, any treats or pig ears he gets he eats right away. Simba also likes to rip up all the wrapping paper that ends up on the floor from all of our presents. He only gets to do this once a year, so I let him have his fun. Here are some fun pictures of him on Christmas.

CAN WE OPEN PRESENTS PLEASE?


LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FUN PRESENTS




I FOUND A PIG EAR











Simba had so much fun that he had paper stuck to his butt and tape on his nose. It was so cute.



He wore himself out with all the eating, opening presents, ripping up wrapping paper. Slept most of the way home.

The day after Christmas we woke up to a beautiful snow storm. I was really happy to see the snow. After having an ice and rain storm on Christmas eve and Christmas, I really wanted some snow. And since we did not have anywhere that we had to go, it was perfect. We stayed home all day and watched the snow, watched movies, had some hot chocolate, and enjoyed the tree. Simba did go outside quite a few times to play in the snow, but I did not go out there with him. Normally, I do not like snow, but around christmas it is always welcome. Some pictures from the backyard.



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas buddy! Love the cute pics of Simba. Hope u saved a few cookies for your friends, or you will be forced to make more:) Moo shoo is waiting to give u a big slobbery kiss!

    ReplyDelete