Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grateful during Thanksgiving

I am so happy and excited that Thanksgiving is almost here. I love Thanksgiving!! It is so much better than Christmas. I love being around family and having really good food. I love all the Thanksgiving food. I am eternally in love with carbs so of course I love the food. I also love that Thanksgiving does not have all the pressure of christmas. You do not have to worry about getting the right gift for everyone. You just spend fun time with the ones that you love. There are people in my neighborhood that already have their christmas lights up. I think this is a slap in the face to the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving keeps getting more and more overshadowed by christmas. I refuse to gloss over thanksgiving and go right to christmas. So, I will make sure to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday to the fullest. And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, some things that I am grateful for are:

1) My Wonderful Husband, Tim who manages to put up with all of faults and annoyances and love me for who I am.



2) My dog, Simba and cat, Simon who love me unconditionally no matter what happens. They are always there to greet me when I come home and happy to see me. Simba genuinely wants to see me. However, Simon is just happy to see me because he wants his food, but I will take that.




3) I am grateful for my family. Sometimes they drive me crazy, but they are always there for me when I need them.





I am grateful for so many more things in my life, but I am going to stop here for today.

Take some time to stop and smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment